Are you starting a new startup business and trying to build a strong audience?
We all know that everyone wants maximum revenue for their service or product, such as more clicks, conversions, and traffic.
The key to achieving all of this is effective MARKETING.
By creating a solid marketing strategy, you can easily achieve the best outcomes for your startup. In this blog, we will discuss the top 10 marketing tips for startups in 2024.
Top 10 Marketing Tips For Startups In 2024
1. Influencer Marketing
In this time of marketing strategies, influencer marketing is coming to the lead.
Building trust with your target customers is one of the foremost challenges in the early stages of your startup. Influencers, with their established credibility and loyal following, can serve as authentic advocates for your brand.
For instance, when a tech influencer with dedicated following endorses a new software tool, their endorsement is a powerful signal of trust to potential users.
Influencer marketing, on the other hand, offers a more budget-friendly solution with the added benefit of targeted reach. Collaborating with influencers who resonate with your ideal customer profile ensures that your marketing efforts reach the right audience.
A study by Tomoson suggests that for every $1 spent on influencer marketing purposes, businesses make $6.50, highlighting its cost-effectiveness.
Why influencer marketing is important for your startup; look at this graph:
Over 4.27 people are using social media worldwide, which will increase in 2025 to around 4.41 billion. As more people join these social media channels, some tend to influence others by creating content and videos that influence or promote them.
This has led to many marketers using it as their marketing weapon. So, adding an influencer marketing strategy in 2024 to your startup is the best tip to increase your position.
And there are many types of influencer marketing strategies, like
- Contests and giveaways
- Gifts to obtain honest reviews
- Affiliate marketing
- Social media takeover
- Long term partnership with influencers
- Long-term brand ambassadors
H&M leverages a range of celebrity influencers to promote its products and brands. They try to collaborate with fashion icons and produce highly engaging video ads with their best outfits.
The celebrities posted small clips with the outfit across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They also posted it with the hashtag #H&M. It helps them increase their brand identity by getting help from influencers.
So, leveraging influencer marketing in your startup business is a good idea to get into the race.
Also Read: Top Influencer Marketing Trends
2. Use Video Marketing In Your Startup
Video marketing is a trend that is growing marketing strategy in 2024. Any small or large business will benefit from video content this year.
Videos are always the best idea for engaging people nowadays; people tend to watch videos rather than read something. This video marketing is so effective for reaching people so that they engage the audience well.
Here are the top 2024 video marketing trends:
- More use of AI tools and tricks
- Explainer Videos
- Fewer videos on the SERP (sort of)
- Videos will be included in the newsletter and email creative
- Product videos will become more prevalent
- More real people on camera
- Short-form video for social is here to stay
- Long-form video content returns
- More videos will be made without sound
- Brands will focus on thrifty video marketing
You can also easily hire an expert video marketing agency to handle it for you. They’ll provide the best service and help you achieve your marketing goals.
Suggested Read: Best 10 Marketing Agencies For Explainer Videos
3. Email Marketing In 2024
Email marketing is another profitable strategy for your startup. It provides a strategic opportunity for your business that comes with rapid growth. Regular email delivers a proven channel to engage users cost-effectively, and you can drive viral growth.
Consider using an email marketing automation tool or hiring an email marketing agency to ensure strategic implementation.
Email marketing comes with so many benefits, like
- It helps in delivering better brand recognition.
- Builds your online business reputation.
- Develops client relationships and customer loyalty, usually long-term.
- Quickly reaches a comprehensive target audience.
- Helps in increasing conversions.
- Drives sales and boosts revenue.
- You will get a high web traffic.
Email marketing is considered the most cost-effective digital marketing strategy. Email users will grow by 4.6 billion by 2025.
And four email marketing trends come in like:
- Privacy-led email marketing
- Leveraging artificial intelligence tools to do email marketing
- Mobile Optimization
4. Using Paid Ads For Community Building
When you’re using paid ads, think beyond just selling. Use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google Ads to target potential customers based on what they like and do. Your ads should be more about valuable content than hard sales.
Draw people in with interesting or helpful info and get them involved in your brand’s community through social media groups or email lists. Keep an eye on your ad performance with analytics to see what works best and adjust accordingly. And here’s how
- Targeting and Audience Segmentation
Paid ads can target individuals based on specific interests, demographics, and behaviors that align with your brand’s community.
Using platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn allows for precise targeting, ensuring that your ads reach potential community members who are most likely to engage with your brand.
- Utilizing Social Media Advertising
When focusing on community building, social media ads can be designed to increase awareness and engagement. Also, invite users to join exclusive groups, participate in events, or follow your brand’s social media pages. This approach helps in nurturing a sense of belonging among the audience.
- Content Strategy for Ads
Effective paid advertising relies on compelling content that resonates with the target audience. For community building, ads should focus on storytelling and showcasing the brand’s values, mission, and the community’s benefits.
Highlighting user-generated content, testimonials, or stories from existing community members can make the ads more relatable and encourage new members to join.
- Retargeting and Lookalike Audiences
Using lookalike audiences and retargeting as strategies to reach the right users. Retargeting can re-engage individuals who have interacted with your community or brand but haven’t joined the community yet.
Lookalike audiences allow you to reach new people who share characteristics with your existing community members, expanding your community’s reach.
- Measuring Success
Finally, the importance of measuring the success of your advertising campaigns is emphasized. Key metrics might include engagement rates, new memberships, and active participation in community events or discussions when using paid ads for community building.
5. Engaging With Customers On Social Media
Social media lets you connect directly with your audience. Share peeks behind the curtain, product news, happy customer stories, and anything else that shows there are real people behind your brand.
Being quick to respond to questions or feedback online can also make your customers feel valued. Partnering with influencers who share your brand’s values can also help you reach more people. Just make sure to keep your brand’s voice consistent across all platforms.
These are the key strategies to remember for engaging consumers on social media:
- Brand’s voice: Maintain a voice that reflects your brand’s personality across all posts. This consistency helps build a recognizable brand identity that resonates with your audience.
- Engage Social: Engage in conversations, respond to comments, and participate actively in the social media community. This not only boosts your engagement rates but also helps in building a loyal fan base.
- Products Selling: While promotional posts should be a small portion of your content mix, strategically crafted shoppable posts can drive sales directly from social media. Highlighting new arrivals, limited-time offers, or showcasing products in use can prompt immediate action from your audience.
- Know Your Algorithms: Each social media platform has its own rules for engagement. Understanding these algorithms can help you tailor your content strategy to maximize visibility and engagement.
- Measure Analytics: Use tools to monitor how engagement affects your brand, including customer support impact and overall brand perception. This data can inform your strategy and help you adjust to improve engagement.
6. Offering Free Trials
Let people try your product for free so they can see its value without having to pay upfront. This makes it easier for more people to give your product a shot. Use this trial period to collect user feedback, which is gold for improving your product.
Have a plan to encourage these trial users to become paying customers, like sending them special offers or extra support. Make sure your trial highlights the best parts of your product so users can quickly see how it improves their lives.
Here’s why offering free trials is a beneficial marketing tip for startup founders:
- Reduces Purchase Barriers
- Demonstrates Product Value
- Facilitates Feedback and Improvements
- Increases Conversion Rates
- Builds Customer Relationships
- Enhances Marketing and Sales Strategies
To make the most out of free trials, consider the following practices:
- Set a Clear Objective: Define what success looks like for your free trial. Is it user acquisition, conversion rate optimization, or product feedback?
- Determine the Right Length: The trial should be long enough for users to evaluate the product but short enough to create a sense of urgency.
- Communicate Value: Use the trial period to highlight your product’s key features and benefits. Educational content and guided tours can enhance the user experience.
- Sign-Up Process: Make it easy for users to start a trial. A complicated sign-up process can deter potential users.
- Follow-up: Engage with trial users through targeted communication to encourage conversion and gather feedback.
In conclusion, offering free trials is a strategic approach for startups to showcase their product, gather valuable feedback, and build a user base.
By carefully designing and managing the trial experience, startup founders can significantly boost their product’s market entry and long-term success.
7. Kick Off A Referral Program
Word of mouth is like gold in the startup scene. When your customers talk about your product or service, it’s like having your army of marketers, but way cooler. Here’s the deal: start a referral program. It’s simple.
Your current happy customers refer friends; in return, they get perks, discounts, or even freebies. It’s a win-win. People trust recommendations from friends way more than any ad you could run. Plus, it’s cost-effective. Dropbox did this in the day, and their signups went through the roof!
There are several benefits of using a referral program to drive growth for your startup
- It helps you to get new customers
- Referral programs can create brand ambassadors for your startup
- Also helps in retaining existing customers
- It’s a cost-effective marketing strategy
- It can generate word-of-mouth marketing for your startup
- Helps in scaling your business
Referral programming is a good marketing strategy for your start-up foundation. You can offer incentives to customers and employees for referring new customers, quickly expand your customer base, and grow your business.
To maximize the benefits of a referral program, consider the following best practices:
|– Offer compelling incentives that motivate both the referrer and the referee.
– Make it easy to refer to and claim rewards.
– Communicate clearly the benefits and terms of your referral program.
– Track and analyze referral data to continually optimize the program.
– Promote your referral program actively to ensure your customers are aware of it.
8. Invest In Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Are you even on the internet if you’re not on Google’s good side? SEO is your ticket to getting noticed without splurging on ads. It’s all about ensuring your website and content are as attractive as possible to search engines.
Use the right keywords, make your site speedy and mobile-friendly, and create killer content that answers your audience’s burning questions.
The stats don’t lie; organic search drives massive internet traffic. Being visible on search engines can dramatically increase your reach and credibility without breaking the bank. Here’s why SEO will be particularly crucial for startups in 2024:
- Digital First Approach
The post-pandemic world has accelerated the shift towards a digital-first economy. Startups in 2024 will operate in an environment where their first point of contact with potential customers is likely to be online. SEO ensures that startups can be found by their target audience through organic search, which is often the most cost-effective way to generate leads and conversions.
- Increasing Online Competition
As more businesses digitize their operations, the competition for online visibility will intensify. Often with limited marketing budgets, startups will find SEO an indispensable strategy for competing against established players.
By optimizing for search engines, startups can improve their chances of appearing in top search results, thereby leveling the playing field.
- User Experience and SEO Integration
Search engines like Google increasingly prioritize user experience (UX) in their ranking algorithms. This includes website speed, mobile-friendliness, and overall usability.
For startups in 2024, focusing on SEO means also focusing on creating a seamless and engaging user experience, which is crucial for retaining visitors and converting them into customers.
- Local SEO for Local Startups
For startups targeting local markets, local SEO will be vital. With features like Google My Business and localized search results, startups can attract local traffic, which is often more relevant and has a higher conversion rate.
This is particularly important for retail, services, and startups looking to establish a strong local presence.
- Content Marketing
Content marketing will continue to be essential to SEO strategies in 2024. For startups, producing high-quality, relevant content can drive traffic, build brand authority, and engage potential customers. SEO helps ensure this content reaches the right audience at the right time.
Suggested Read: How to Write SEO-focused Content for Your SaaS Website
- Voice and Visual Search Optimization
With the rise of voice assistants and improvements in visual search technology, optimizing for these search methods will become increasingly important.
Startups that adapt their SEO strategies to include voice and visual search optimization will be better positioned to capture emerging search trends and meet users where they are.
- Data-Driven Insights
SEO provides valuable data and insights into customer behavior, preferences, and trends. For startups in 2024, leveraging SEO tools and analytics will be crucial for making informed decisions, tailoring marketing strategies, and identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Sustainability and Trust
Consumers are becoming more conscious of sustainability and ethical business practices. SEO can help startups highlight their commitment to these values, improving their search visibility and building trust with their audience.
9. Host Webinars
In a world where everyone’s glued to their screens, webinars are your chance to shine. They’re not just presentations; they’re an opportunity to engage directly with your audience, showcase your expertise, and build trust.
Pick topics that resonate with your target market, solve a problem for them, or teach them something new. The key is to provide value, not just a sales pitch. Webinars can also be a goldmine for leads. Participants have already shown interest by signing up, so you’re halfway there.
Follow up with them afterward, and you’ve got a warm lead ready to nurture.
10. Give Importance To Local SEO
Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a crucial strategy for businesses aiming to increase their visibility in local search results on search engines.
It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers when they’re looking for them online. And local SEO is crucial if you are having a physical store.
Here’s why highlighting Local SEO and features, points, and statistics is essential to support its significance.
Key Features of Local SEO
- Google My Business (GMB) Optimization
- Local Keywords
- Local Link Building
- Reviews and Ratings
- Mobile Optimization
Why Local SEO Is Important
- Increased Visibility: Local SEO helps businesses appear in local search queries, directly targeting potential customers in their area.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Local searches lead to higher conversion rates than non-local searches. According to Google, 28% of local searches result in a purchase.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to traditional advertising, local SEO is a cost-effective way to market your business online, offering a higher return on investment.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Listings in trusted online directories and a strong presence in local search results can enhance your business’s credibility and trustworthiness among local customers.
- Competitive Advantage: Many businesses still underutilize local SEO, so investing in it can give you a competitive edge in your local market.
Bonus Tip: Hire A Growth Marketing Agency For Efficient Marketing
Hiring a growth marketing agency can significantly amplify your marketing efforts, especially for SaaS startups.
growth.cx is the best growth marketing agency specializing in the B2B SaaS sector. They offer comprehensive services to propel startups across the US, UK, and India to new heights.
Why Choose growth.cx?
- Tailored Growth Strategies: They offer a 7-step framework designed to put your product in front of the right audience using proven growth marketing strategies. This includes everything from selecting the targeted audience and studying their pain points to a reoptimizing strategy based on data gathered over three months.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Unlike hiring in-house teams that cost between $10,000 to $20,000 monthly. growth. cx provides an action plan with a dedicated, growth-focused strategy at a fraction of the cost.
- Expertise and Support: Benefit from the support of a Fractional CMO with over ten years of proven experience, ensuring daily communication and achievement of KPIs within just three months.
Also Read: Best SaaS Fractional CMO Agencies in 2024
- Growth-led SEO
- Content Marketing
- Fractional CMO
- Performance Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Explainer Video
- Website Design & Development
For Startups and Businesses: Whether you’re a bootstrapped startup or a business looking to grow customer acquisition and retention rates. growth. cx is your go-to agency.
Results-Driven Approach: They provide a general timeline showing short-term results within 1-3 months, mid-term results within 3-6 months, and long-term sustainable improvements beyond six months.
Choosing growth.cx means opting for the perfect growth marketing agency for startups beyond traditional product marketing. They focus on driving growth through customer loyalty, using content marketing, A/B testing, email marketing, SEO, and data analysis to implement effective strategies promoting growth.
With their proven framework, expert guidance, and comprehensive services, they stand ready to guide you through your growth journey, ensuring that your marketing efforts are efficient and effective.
In summary, these eleven marketing tips give startups in 2024 invaluable strategies for growing, being seen, and engaging customers. Every tip offers actionable insights to navigate the evolving landscape, from influencer marketing to optimizing SEO to video marketing.
By implementing these strategies, startups can enhance their brand presence and get meaningful relationships with their target audience. It also helps drive sustainable growth and builds a strong foundation for long-term success.